Old 20-03-2008, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Best time to spray nettles and brambles? Best product

"Chris Wilson" wrote in message
I am in Shropshire, England. Last year I sprayed a large swathe of

nettles
and brambles on 7 acres of field and woodland we bought. I have

knocked 7
bells out of the brambles, the nettles didn't suffer as much. I want

finish them off this year, when's the best time to spray please?

What's the
flavour of the month in regard to stuff to use, I don't want to kill

grass
or ferns, if possible? I'll be using a comapct tractor spray and a

back
pack spray. Thanks.

For best effects you need to spray when the nettles are growing freely
and from what I see in Solihull that would need to be in the next week
or two.

You need to use Glyphosate, but that will kill virtually
everything.http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/actives/glyphosa.htm

Regards,
Emrys Davies.