Old 21-03-2008, 01:46 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom G Tom G is offline

Default Arizona (Phoenix) lawn seed.

"Alexander SuperTramp" wrote in message

"Alexander SuperTramp" wrote :
What experiences can locals to phoenix share about what lawn seed they
used for the best overall lawn here in Phoenix( Gilbert actually).
I had the typical Bermuda , which was killed off( I know it isn't
completely dead most likely) with roundup over the last couple of years,
then I had a local hydroseeder lay down his product last year, which
worked "ok". I just ran a dethatching blade on the mower and took down
the huge amount of dead(dormant) grass "stick" thatch left form the
winter and am looking for the best way to get a thick green lawn short of
sod.
Any one ever heard of the quickgrasspatch( .com) "wonder grass"?

Any thoughts?

Any Arizona Lawn seeding advice?

I was always fond of the green gravel. Didn't need water, just a little
weed killer now and then. Now that I'm back living in Illinois, Dandelions
are my biggest problem. I swear there's more of them than the grass, at
times.

Tom G.