Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
animaux

Default Climbing Roses

I have a 'Sombruiel' which blooms spring, summer, fall and if warm, winter.
Flowers are very pale pink, tight old fashioned rose flowers with intense
fragrance.

Lady Banksia only blooms once in spring.

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002 15:30:06 -0600, Rusty Mase wrote:

I planted a Lady Banks last year and although it seems to do well - it
has little or no aroma to the flowers. My wife notes this.

I need to plant some more climbing roses which I hope to trellis
across the top of a short section of privacy fence.

Is there a small-leaved climbing rose like Lady Banks whose flowers
smell great? Also, I hope I got the Lady Banks name right. I am not
much of a rose man.

Rusty Mase