Old 21-03-2008, 10:37 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Using starter fluid

Steve said:

wrote:
[Top-posting fixed]

Stubby said:

"KC" wrote in message
.
..
I've got an old leaf blower with a fair amount of use on it. It
always started easily until recently, but now will not start without a
squirt of starter fluid. Without the fluid, no amount of pulling the
rope will produce even a cough from it, but with a small squirt of
starter fluid it will start on the first pull and run fine.
What would cause this? My first thought was carb or compression, but
it runs fine once it starts. The fuel is from the same container I
use for my other 2 cycle engines and they all start fine.

KC

The gaskets in the carburetor have dried out. Get a rebuilding kit.

If that were the case, it wouldn't "run fine" after starting, now would,
it?

Unsubscribe, dumbass. You're as clooless as you've ever been.

Same Stub magic.

Hello Eggs, is spring ever going to arrive in N Ohio? Sheesh!!

I wish, man. We got serious flooding going on here. Intestate 44 will most
likely be shut down in both directions in a couple hours. It's already
closed in one direction, near Rolla, Mo (they got 12"). My backyard looked
like a lake for the past week. 5 1/2" of rain in two days can wreak havoc
on a lawn, heh.

It's almost time to pre-emerge (they did that at work last week, tho I told
em it was probably too early. The rain washed a lot (maybe most) of it into
the bunkers. LOL). I'd like to get that out of the way, but it will
probably be a waste. The city is supposed to put in a new 24" stormwater
pipe right along the edge of my property line, and a nice berm across the
back. No complaints though. If it'll fix the stormwater issues I've
experienced for the past few years, I can deal with a few more weeds than
usual. =)

On a happier, more spring-like note, I got all my onion [1] transplants and
lettuce seeds sown, yesterday. =) I would have put some peas in the
ground, but I think one of the raised beds will have to be pulled up until
the construction is finished (sometime in April). So, this year the only
spring crop from my garden will be lettuce. Oh, well. Maybe I'll have a
bumper crop of something else this summer to take my mind off the fact I
won't have fresh peas.

[1]. I always plant yellow, red, and white onions. This year, the cultivar
for the red ones I chose was: Red Zeppelin. =D

You been hibernating? Haven't seen you post in a while. And, why the
nymshift?
--

Eggs

DEATH to all fanatics!