Old 22-03-2008, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Best time to spray nettles and brambles? Best product

In article ,
Eddy writes:
| Chris Wilson wrote:
|
| I am in Shropshire, England. Last year I sprayed a large swathe of nettles
| and brambles on 7 acres of field and woodland we bought. I have knocked 7
| bells out of the brambles, the nettles didn't suffer as much. I want to
| finish them off this year, when's the best time to spray please? What's the
| flavour of the month in regard to stuff to use, I don't want to kill grass
| or ferns, if possible? I'll be using a comapct tractor spray and a back
| pack spray. Thanks.
|
| Chris, have just found good advice amongst the information on the
| following page. In short, it advises spraying with glyphosate when the
| weeds are 6" high and spraying onto dry weeds and at the beginning of a
| fairly lengthy rain-free period.
|
| http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~news/story.php?id=3604

With all due respect to our transpondian colleagues and you, just
exactly HOW are you planning to arrange a fairly lengthy rain-free
period in the UK?

We are all waiting for your answer with bated breath ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.