Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Rear-tine or front-tine tiller?

I could see where the small Troy might do that. I forgot to add I have
dual direction tines. When I put the transmission in forward and the
tines in reverse, it plows like a champ.
http://www.celestialhabitats.com

Cliff wrote:
=

I have a front tine and it does good in either areas which have never b=

een
tilled or previously worked areas. I used my son-in-laws rear tine on =

some
hard ground and found it wanted to walk over the area without doing muc=

tilling, driven by the tines not the wheels. This was the small Troy b=

uilt
so weight might have something to do with that. With the front tine I =

can
control the depth of tilling and the forward speed.
=

"J Kolenovsky" wrote in message
I'm starting a native plant consulting and design business and an Aggie=

friend says for me to buy a real good rear-tine tiller as opposed to a
front-tine. I have only had experience with front-tine. The rear-tine
with forward/reverse gears and powered transmissions look like precisio=

equipment and worth the money invested.
=

Any comments?
--