Old 23-03-2008, 09:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tbell tbell is offline

Default Agcm magdalenae

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 10:27:31 -0700, K Barrett wrote
(in article ):

Anyone grow Angraecum magdalenae? I bought a freshly potted seedling a two
years ago from Cal Orchids and it went into a rapid decline. I was there
last year and saw their remaining stock was in a worse state than mine, so I
know it wasn't just me. LOL!!

I bought one from Mary at last year's sale. When I read her book on the
plant, I asked her if it would tolerate higher temps, and she said she grew
them warm.
The first plant declined, and when I checked the roots after a week, there
were none! Mary promptly replaced it with another plant, which has begun
doing fairly well in S/H. Now has two side growths.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200