Old 23-03-2008, 11:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Agcm magdalenae

I have them. I grow them warm and fairly sunny. They seem to like some
moisture in the mix, so I use a CHC compound that I make from CHC, sponge
rock, small Aliflor and charcoal. Unlike, say, eburneum, which has lighter
green leaves, magdalenae stays dark green regardless of how much sun it
gets, at least for me.

Gorgeous flower, and for us they perform more than once a year - a bonus.

Diana

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 10:27:31 -0700, K Barrett wrote
(in article ):

Anyone grow Angraecum magdalenae? I bought a freshly potted seedling a
two
years ago from Cal Orchids and it went into a rapid decline. I was there
last year and saw their remaining stock was in a worse state than mine,
so I
know it wasn't just me. LOL!!

I bought one from Mary at last year's sale. When I read her book on the
plant, I asked her if it would tolerate higher temps, and she said she
grew
them warm.
The first plant declined, and when I checked the roots after a week, there
were none! Mary promptly replaced it with another plant, which has begun
doing fairly well in S/H. Now has two side growths.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200