Old 24-03-2008, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donwill Donwill is offline

Default Osmosis watering?

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 04:46:21 -0700 (PDT), sensible
wrote:

If so, then how can I construct the wick etc.?
First thought is hollow plastic tube stuffed with sponge rubber....
....What do you think?

I find that aquarium air line tube with a length of knitting wool
threaded through it works OK. It also works in reverse!

That sounds a good idea, I suppose the more strands you can get into it the
higher it will lift? What is the approx height of water lift you can
achieve?
Don