Old 24-03-2008, 07:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Agcm magdalenae

"Robert Lorenzini" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:01:56 -0700, K Barrett
wrote:
Well, it seems from people's experiences that a CHC-type medium and the
warmer side of the GH is best. I'm floored that Norman's sells them in
sphagnum moss, but there ya go.

I also bought a Ang sesquipidale from Norman that is also in sphagnum
which is ready to be changed. I was thinking that perhaps primeagra
might be a better choice. I do know they don't like to have their
roots disturbed. Norman has very nice plants and hospital like
greenhouses.

Bob

I've been to Norman's and agree about the cleanliness. I am just floored
that the real world experience differs so far from teh book-learning
experience. I'd never have expected these to like moss. I'd have thought
they wouldn't like the moisture so long at the roots or to be repotted as
frequntly as moss does (in my hands it gets sour fast)(crappy water) But
there ya go. Learn something new every day!