Old 24-03-2008, 09:24 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Chip Wood Chip Wood is offline

Default Fixing STUMP's "noack" list for rpm (was Moderator announce:New rpm email address)

wrote:
In rec.ponds.moderated you write:

Chip wrote:

The new service seems a bit more "anal". It sent me a confirmation that
I had sent a message. It was easy enough to opt out of getting those
confirmations, but it took me twice before stopping.

Guess not- it sent me a 3rd. I've done what it told me to do, just reply
w/full text. What do I have to do to have it shut the hell up?

Chip

Jim and Chip,

I went ahead and logged into the Panix shell account to verify the
operation of STUMP. It seems that STUMP did indeed add to its "noack"
file the E-mail address from which Chip's reply to STUMP's
acknowledgment originated. Unfortunately, that address is:

and the E-mail address that Chip uses in the From: header of his posted
news articles is:

When Chip posts using the second address, it doesn't match the first
address, so STUMP keeps sending acks. It would appear that the only way
to fix this would be to manually update the "noack" file with the second
address. I did this just now.

--
rec.ponds.moderated Admin

Thank you.