Old 25-03-2008, 11:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Mexican Oregano

In article , phorbin1
@yahoo.com says...
In article , susan_r23666
@yahoo.com says...
Seeds for this herb do not seem to be available, at least not that I
have found. Does anyone have several plants that I could get a couple
of cuttings from? Preferably on the East coast, but I'm not picky.

My email is valid and I do check it regularly.

Thanks.
Susan

As a quick follow up-- My suggestion was made with the thought in mind
that you may not find someone to get cuttings from.

http://www.richters.com

Mexican Oregano
Lippia graveolens
Uses: Culinary/Medicinal Duration: Perennial (hardy in zones 9-11)

Often sold as true oregano in Mexico and southern U.S. where its fine
oregano flavour is used to great advantage in chilis and other Mexican
dishes. Properly pruned, it will grow into a miniature tree in a bright
window or solarium.

P4318 Plants $4.00/ea, $9.00/3 plants, $28.80/12 plants

IIRC there's a minimum plant order. They don't have to be all the same
type.