Old 24-03-2008, 06:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Mexican Oregano

Seeds for this herb do not seem to be available, at least not that I
have found. Does anyone have several plants that I could get a couple
of cuttings from? Preferably on the East coast, but I'm not picky.

My email is valid and I do check it regularly.

Thanks.
Susan
--
Susan N.

Old 24-03-2008, 09:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

Mexican Oregano

Seeds for this herb do not seem to be available, at least not that I
have found. Does anyone have several plants that I could get a couple
of cuttings from? Preferably on the East coast, but I'm not picky.

My email is valid and I do check it regularly.

Thanks.
Susan

How about
RICHTERS HERBS
357 Highway 47
Goodwood, ON L0C 1A0 Canada
Tel. +1.905.640.6677 Fax. +1.905.640.6641
http://www.richters.com/Web_store/we...18&cart_id=987
2020.26402

P4318 Plants $4.00/ea, $9.00/3 plants, $28.80/12 plants
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/
Old 25-03-2008, 04:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , susan_r23666
@yahoo.com says...
Seeds for this herb do not seem to be available, at least not that I
have found. Does anyone have several plants that I could get a couple
of cuttings from? Preferably on the East coast, but I'm not picky.

My email is valid and I do check it regularly.

Thanks.
Susan

http://www.richters.com

Mexican Oregano
Lippia graveolens
Uses: Culinary/Medicinal Duration: Perennial (hardy in zones 9-11)

Often sold as true oregano in Mexico and southern U.S. where its fine
oregano flavour is used to great advantage in chilis and other Mexican
dishes. Properly pruned, it will grow into a miniature tree in a bright
window or solarium.

P4318 Plants $4.00/ea, $9.00/3 plants, $28.80/12 plants

IIRC there's a minimum plant order. They don't have to be all the same
type.
Old 25-03-2008, 11:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , phorbin1
@yahoo.com says...
In article , susan_r23666
@yahoo.com says...
Seeds for this herb do not seem to be available, at least not that I
have found. Does anyone have several plants that I could get a couple
of cuttings from? Preferably on the East coast, but I'm not picky.

My email is valid and I do check it regularly.

Thanks.
Susan

As a quick follow up-- My suggestion was made with the thought in mind
that you may not find someone to get cuttings from.

Old 25-03-2008, 12:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:09:53 -0500, phorbin
wrote:

In article , susan_r23666
says...
[...]

Thanks to you both. I will keep them in mind if no one volunteers
cuttings. Then figure out what else I want from them. And then work
very hard to keep them alive over the winter.
--
Susan N.