Old 25-03-2008, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
robert robert is offline

Default ID this flax plant, please?

In message , Eddy
writes

This fine flax needs balancing by the purchase of another one. What
should I be looking for?

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/g...n=view&current
=flax.jpg

It's growing exceptionally well in a south-facing position here in this
garden, in Shropshire. And reminds me of how the only plants we
observed flourishing on the balcony on the 25th floor of a high-rise in
London were similar.

It is either a rather windswept basic tenax or possibly a basic
cookianum. It appears to have been in place for a few years but,
although it is a bit difficult to judge the height I would guess around
1 metre which would probably rule out the basic tenax.

--
Robert