Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Robbin

Default Decomposed granite

Back when I was working in construction, we did a house for a wheelchair
bound person which had decomposed granite paths in the garden. I was not
involved in that part of the project, but as I recall they laid
approximately 3" - 4" of granite in layers and compacted it with one of
those tamping machines like they use when preparing an area for concrete
pavers. One thing to note, it still made pretty deep ruts with the
wheelchair after it had been raining. I would suggest making sure that there
was good drainage away from the paths to keep the water saturation to a
minimum.

"J Kolenovsky" wrote in message
I have had some good feedback from 3-4 of ya'll. Now that the mulch
floor is in, I can start planning a granite path for the wheelchaired
visitors at the school. I agree with 2 of ya'll about stuff sprouting
in the granite. I like that too. But I will have to not do that as it is
a public place.
http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/Dscn0819a.jpg

J. Kolenovsky

http://www.celestialhabitats.com

http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden

Has anyone made a walkway/path with this material?

--
J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
τΏτ - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/reference.html