Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Decomposed granite

Victor, I remove the mulch, level the grade and put down 3-4" of
granite? (layered, dampened and tamped with roller) That would give me a
lip on the brick of about 2-3". I had 2 people respond directly to me
(offline ng) and said they got ruts because of poor drainage. I want to
do this for ADA but I don't want to kill myself as its a volunteer job
to build goodwill and reputation and future orders.
http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/Dscn0819a.jpg

J. Kolenovsky

http://www.celestialhabitats.com

http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden

=

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote:
=

J Kolenovsky wrote:
On top of this mulch, I will place 1'x4"X4" brick. That gives me 6
inches to play with. I could remove the mulch and put 2 inches of pea
gravel and then 4 inches of granite, wet and tamp down with roller.(i=

=

You absolutely should remove the mulch, you don't want decomposing stuf=

underneath the granite. Granite by itself has excellent drainage, you
don't need pea gravel.
=

--
Victor M. Martinez | The University of Texas at Austi=

| Department of Chemical Engineerin=

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv | Austin, TX 7871=
2
If we knew what we were doing it would not be called research, would it=

?

-- =

J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/reference.html