Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Decomposed granite

Hey, 2 lincolns are still negotiable. Cool. I can grade the clay to one
side. Do I grade the granite also? =

=

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote:

Granite has exellent drainage. However, if it's laid on top of a materi=

al
with poor drainage and it rains a lot and there's nowhere for the water=

go to, all the drainage in the world won't help you. The only way to ke=

ep
water from accumulating when you put stuff on top of clay is to build a=

french drain to take the water away. Or build with a grade to let water=

run.
=

My $0.02. =

--
J Kolenovsky wrote:
granite? (layered, dampened and tamped with roller) That would give me=

lip on the brick of about 2-3". I had 2 people respond directly to me
(offline ng) and said they got ruts because of poor drainage. =

-- =

J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/reference.html