Old 27-03-2008, 04:36 PM
pilchardthecat pilchardthecat is offline
Registered User

Default Royal Empress Tree

Hello

I am considering planting a fast-growing tree which i can annually butcher with my chainsaw for the purpose of shoving it into my wood burning stove. I am led to believe this tree grows at an extraordinary rate.

Does anyone know anything about it? Does it have reasonably dense wood? (it's supposedly hardwood, although at that rate of growth i find it difficult to accept). Also i dont want to plant an invasive fast-spreading species that will upset the neighbours!

thanks in advance