Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Gae Xavier

Default Horseradish Tree

Is this the horse radish that can be bought in nurseries here in the
spring?

http://www.le.ac.uk/engineering/staf...al/general.htm

I had this great frozen TV dinner Indian soup called Sambhar and I
wanted to make some. So I searched for a recipe and "Drumsticks" were
called for. This is a vegetarian recipe, so I knew they weren't taking
"chicken".

I found the ingredient was for the "horse radish tree" or Moringa
pterygosperma and it seems to tolerate alkaline soils to ph 9!! and
tolerates drought and protects your liver and kills viruses.

Sound like a good soup ingredient to me! Can it be bought around
here? I love my "curry tree" that I ordered from NYC.