Old 28-03-2008, 12:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Damping off

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:47:20 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:00:43 -0700, Billy wrote:

While both Henriette's (who I worship from afar) and Charlie's (not so
much) suggestions appeal to me, what's wrong with good ol' copper
sulfate?

"sniff, sniff"....it was the pink garden tutu, wasn't it?

I was blind for 36 hours, and the valium helps some.

Hoo boy, just you wait 'til you see this years garden ensemble!

Matricaria chamomilla and Allium sativum just sound so
less.......*chemical*.... than copper sulfate.

I said Matricaria chamomilla and Allium sativum "appealed" to me damn
it. Think I'll use somethin' called Mycostop. And don't go makin' out
like I don't like you, or I'll break your little neck.

Mycostop is a new one to me, and it looks like a "good thing". Nice
find. Bet it doesn't smell as purrrty as the chamomilla/allium mix in
my sprayer.

Ahhh.....ya' still likes me....ya' got me purrin' like the cat winding
around your ankles while you're inoculating the compost pile with Human
Compost Activator.

'Sides, I'da thunk you woulda been aware of some of the undesirable
effects of copper sulfate. Perhaps you *were* aware and just
trollin'me in. ;-)

I got "black holes" in my gardening knowledge, you know that. Why else
would I pour fish juice all over my little seedlings?

Ya' probably poured fish juice on your little darlin's 'cuz you was
listenin' to some knuckle-head blowin' off 'bout what s/he does. BTW,
I have no crud from using fish sauce. ;-)

http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles...ophos/copper-s
ulf
ate-ext.html

Read more like a MSDS (interesting tho'). Didn't refer much to plants
but since Google is my friend, I've found other citations.

MSDSs are our friends. No, it didn't have much to say about plants,
but it did state what it could do to me and the fishies and such things
like that. ;-)

Charlie

Poised to plant but situations just keep slowin' me down.

Same here, if you are talking weather; it will not get above 50 for
more than a day at a time. I temp probed the soil two days ago and
ground temp was 43 F!!!! Hell, they are calling for snow showers this
evening!!!!

May try your black plasitc trick and see what happens. If the sun will
shine for more that a day!

Charlie

CLEAR PLASTIC!!!

Look at the following sites first. Common sense says black plastic but
for whatever reason clear works better. I'll be sheeting up in about
three weeks and planting the hot weather stuff in four or five. Worst
that can happen is that they sit there lookin' at me, all confused about
what they are supposed to do with 65F soil.

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~taber...pt%2000/redmul
ch.pdf

http://lubbock.tamu.edu/horticulture...sticMulchTypeo
nTomatoGrowthandYield_2004_.pdf
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/