Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
gruber

Default Free tree from Austin Energy

"Texensis" wrote in message

"Whit" wrote in message
| I'm near Congress and Olforf. Davey tree, is the company I believe.
| haven't seen any work being done, but I think it will start in the
next
| couple weeks.

Thanks. The new-tree offer is definitely something new since the last
time round, when they just came in, trampled gardens, climbed on
roofs, topped trees if not given permission to clear-cut, and accepted
just anyone's permission to chop down or top just anyone's trees, no
matter on whose property they were. Are they putting pink and yellow
survey tapes around tree trunks? Or does all that marking with tape
have to do with more excavation for laying
fiber-optic?........enquiring minds.....

The tape marks the trees that need work. At least, the ones that were
marked (a few weeks earlier) were the ones that were trimmed.