Old 30-03-2008, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default My New Zealand photos.

"Eddy" wrote in message
George.com wrote:
We can also still get jubes, wine gums, topsies, pebbles & smarties,
though
not in 10 cent mixtures any more. Hard case eh. The cookie bear seems to
have carked it mind. Ches n dale, those blokes have also shot through. I
have not seen tingles last time I had a squiz in the dairy. That was
yonks
ago mind. Might still be able to get some if you have a good root around.

Yikes, thing HAVE changed! I've heard the exasperated expression "Who
do you have to ***** for a drink in this place!" . . . but in order to
get a little paper bag of tingles, Rob?

whatever way you choose to get your 'tingles' Eddy. Not my place to judge
your lifestyle. I'll get mine in a paper bag, if I can find them.

(I'm presuming that the main
meanings of the verb to root in NZ and in the UK are still quite
remarkably different

you are not wrong, but you are. I still love to have a good old root around
from time to time, but my days of rooting around are long time gone. That
said, I am waiting for a load of roots to mature so i can go & dig up my
sweet potatos.

rob