Old 30-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Bashy Bashy is offline
Registered User

Angry Problem with Mirrorgarden.co.uk

Hi,

Has anyone else had a problem with Mirrorgarden.co.uk?
I ordered £60 worth of plants from these guys about 4 weeks ago on the advice of my father in law who has used them for a couple of years.
I received notice that half of the order would be shipped within 28 days and the other half (plug plants for hanging baskets) would be sent in May.
This seemed fine.
I received the first part of the order on Tuesday 25th March, just after the bank holiday weekend.
When I further inspected the package, I noticed that it was shipped on 18th March.
Upon opening the box (which was labelled - live plants-URGENT), I noticed that the plants were in terrible condition. One was snapped, the tubers on the dahlia bulbs were broken away from the crown and the rest of the orders leaves were shrivelled and dying.
I emailed the company immediately and outlined the problems expecting an email back with some kind of apology and solution.
I received nothing over email and got a letter through on Saturday's post. The letter didn't accept any blame for this (although I think it would take an idiot to send out live plants on the longest bank holiday weekend so they sit in a courier depot for days). They just advised to nurse the plants and once the weather picks up to plant them, "once planted and established they should revive very quickly". They state that if they should fail to survive let them know.
I do not see why I should have to nurse very sick plants because of their mistake, and if they do die after being planted, then I have the hassle of finding similar plants at the same stage of growth as the rest of the garden.
I will obvioulsy be phoning this company tomorrow and cancelling the rest of the order (the hanging basket order). I will then be placing an order with Van Meuwen. Has anyone had any experience with this company?

Rant over ;-)
Has anyone any comments on my situation?