Old 30-03-2008, 10:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline

Default Stargazer Lily question

Myrl wrote:

I have a few Stargazer Lilies around my house. I purchased a pot of
them a couple of years back, and they have multiplied to a certain
degree, but not much.

However, a few years back, I was given an absolutely gorgeous and very
vivid hybrid Stargazer, which I would like to have more of.

It is a bright hot pink color.

Do any of you have a favorite supplier of these bulbs in the
Sacramento region, or an on-line supplier that you find to be
reliable, with quality bulbs?

Myrl Jeffcoat

I have dozens of Stargazer Lilies like the ones pictured on this page of
my web site, http://members.iglou.com/brosen/page29.htm

I got some of them at Wal*Mart for less than a dollar a bulb. I checked
this year and they are still selling a 3 pack of Stargazer Lilies for
$2.92. They do just as good in my garden as the ones that I bought from
mail order garden catalogs for twice as much.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL