Old 30-03-2008, 07:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Stargazer Lily question

I have a few Stargazer Lilies around my house. I purchased a pot of
them a couple of years back, and they have multiplied to a certain
degree, but not much.

However, a few years back, I was given an absolutely gorgeous and very
vivid hybrid Stargazer, which I would like to have more of.

It is a bright hot pink color.

Do any of you have a favorite supplier of these bulbs in the
Sacramento region, or an on-line supplier that you find to be
reliable, with quality bulbs?

Myrl Jeffcoat
Old 30-03-2008, 10:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

Myrl wrote:

I have a few Stargazer Lilies around my house. I purchased a pot of
them a couple of years back, and they have multiplied to a certain
degree, but not much.

However, a few years back, I was given an absolutely gorgeous and very
vivid hybrid Stargazer, which I would like to have more of.

It is a bright hot pink color.

Do any of you have a favorite supplier of these bulbs in the
Sacramento region, or an on-line supplier that you find to be
reliable, with quality bulbs?

Myrl Jeffcoat

I have dozens of Stargazer Lilies like the ones pictured on this page of
my web site, http://members.iglou.com/brosen/page29.htm

I got some of them at Wal*Mart for less than a dollar a bulb. I checked
this year and they are still selling a 3 pack of Stargazer Lilies for
$2.92. They do just as good in my garden as the ones that I bought from
mail order garden catalogs for twice as much.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 31-03-2008, 01:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Mar 30, 2:11*pm, Bill R wrote:
Myrl wrote:
[...]

To see pictures from my garden visithttp://members.iglou.com/brosen

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

I'll need to check the next time I'm there.

Here's a couple pictures taken of my Stargazers. These are the ones I
talked about that are hybrids. They came from the greenhouse area of
Home Depot, not outside in the nursery area. I'd love to have more of
these:

http://www.myrljeffcoat.com/stargazerlily.htm

Myrl Jeffcoat
Old 31-03-2008, 04:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Mar 30, 6:34*pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:53:58 -0700 (PDT), Myrl

wrote:
I have a few Stargazer Lilies around my house. *I purchased a pot of
them a couple of years back, and they have multiplied to a certain
degree, but not much.

However, a few years back, I was given an absolutely gorgeous and very
vivid hybrid Stargazer, which I would like to have more of.

It is a bright hot pink color.

Do any of you have a favorite supplier of these bulbs in the
Sacramento region, or an on-line supplier that you find to be
reliable, with quality bulbs?

Myrl Jeffcoat

You may like this lily better as it's truly in the pink family.
Stargazer is actually still in what's considered to be the reds. *Do a
search:

Pink Sorbonne Oriental Lily

I checked out Google images of this particular variety. I actually
think they may be what I thought were my "lighter" or "paler"
Stargazers.

Myrl Jeffcoat
Old 31-03-2008, 06:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mar 31, 8:29*am, Jangchub wrote:
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 20:12:17 -0700 (PDT), Myrl

wrote:
[...]

Well, hot pink is not Stargazer so that's why I made this suggestion.
Actually, Sorbonne flowers are larger, better and have more per stem
than Stargazers.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for "enlightening" me. . .;-)

[IMG] code is On

Stargazer Lily Myrl Jeffcoat Gardening 4 02-06-2006 04:36 PM
stargazer lilies KD Gardening 4 01-06-2005 11:49 PM
Care of Stargazer after it bloomed???? Vox Humana Gardening 17 11-08-2004 06:59 AM
Care of Stargazer after it bloomed???? TOM KAN PA Gardening 0 28-07-2004 06:11 PM
Stargazer Lily question, please e.t. and dct Plant Biology 1 10-09-2003 06:02 PM