Old 31-03-2008, 06:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Myrl Myrl is offline

Default Stargazer Lily question

On Mar 31, 8:29*am, Jangchub wrote:
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 20:12:17 -0700 (PDT), Myrl

wrote:
On Mar 30, 6:34*pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:53:58 -0700 (PDT), Myrl

wrote:
I have a few Stargazer Lilies around my house. *I purchased a pot of
them a couple of years back, and they have multiplied to a certain
degree, but not much.

However, a few years back, I was given an absolutely gorgeous and very
vivid hybrid Stargazer, which I would like to have more of.

It is a bright hot pink color.

Do any of you have a favorite supplier of these bulbs in the
Sacramento region, or an on-line supplier that you find to be
reliable, with quality bulbs?

Myrl Jeffcoat

You may like this lily better as it's truly in the pink family.
Stargazer is actually still in what's considered to be the reds. *Do a
search:

Pink Sorbonne Oriental Lily

I checked out Google images of this particular variety. *I actually
think they may be what I thought were my "lighter" or "paler"
Stargazers.

Myrl Jeffcoat

Well, hot pink is not Stargazer so that's why I made this suggestion.
Actually, Sorbonne flowers are larger, better and have more per stem
than Stargazers.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for "enlightening" me. . .;-)