Old 31-03-2008, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wedge Wedge is offline

Default Blueberry bush question.

On 29 Mar, 23:24, wrote:
Thanks for the reply,
i live in north west england, as im sure
you know we have been having wet windy weather. Im growing them in
pots with multi purpose compost. they get sun in the morning till
about 12 then shade. i bought the plant in feb of this year. Its got
lots of buds and is looking quite healthy. i water them when they are
just about moist but not too wet. Hope this helps.
Thanks again

I think the multi purpose compost you're using might be the problem,
as Blueberries like acid soils (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Ericaceae)

Repotting in ericaceous (or Rhododendron) compost might help. That's
what I've got mine in and they seem to be doing ok so far.

Wedge