Old 01-04-2008, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Problem with Mirrorgarden.co.uk

In article ,
says...

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...

I've never heard of Mirror Plants but only today I decided never to buy
anything by mail order again. I've never been 100% happy with such
companies and they load p&p onto already (to my thinking) high prices.

Garden centres and nurseries aren't always perfect either but at least you
can rant to the manager - which usually gets a result.

Mary

I have questioned the rate of p & p with companies. Being in business I know
just how much a Jiffy Bag is for example and how long it takes to shove
something into it. I also know how much the administration costs and the
evidence of the 'postage' is there for all to see.

In 99 cases out of a 100 "Mail Order" is a rip off and a way for the sharks
to make even more money :-((

Shop local and get a local shop to get in what you want

Mike

Bit harsh! If you look at the parcel force site you will see they charge
£11.99 for all parcels up to 30kg, there are some carriers who charge
less per parcel but none of the cheaper ones will carry live plants,
and the packaging costs are not of no significance, you try parceling
several 3' plants in 2lt containers so they are machine handlable. So if
you do not want to pay the postage you end up getting rubbish small
plants as below a certain weight packages can go through the mail. My
advice, unless you know the outfit and what they send out, ask to see a
picture of the (actual) plant before you buy or follow mary's advice and
go in person
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk