Old 03-04-2008, 12:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default tree collards

"K" wrote in message
someone writes

wrote in message
Hello,

I'm looking for "tree collard" seeds. I've read that they come from
New Zealand. Please give a source that can provide the seeds.

You could try looking for the Portuguese cabbage, or Couve Tronchuda - I
believe that Chiltern Seeds sells them. They're also known as the
walking-stick cabbage.

I wondered about those - also known as Couve Galega. They're about 4ft
tall (not including flower spikes)

Fascinating reference here
http://www.swsbm.com/Ephemera/Sturte...ble_Plants.pdf
Old, but full of info

Many thanks for the great reference. I've always found the old books are
the best ones for gardening/botanical information.

someone