Old 02-04-2008, 11:44 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pond Addict Pond Addict is offline

Default Close Escape

On Apr 2, 9:59 am, Peter Breed wrote:
Yesterday the hose from my pump to pressurised filter came of putting
about 1/4 of the contents of my pond mainly over next doors garden.
Fortunately I was about and was in time to switch of the pump before all
the water had gone.
I was wondering if anyone had come across a device to cut off the pump
if the water level got too low?
Peter Breed

There are several low-water shut-off switches you can get. I used one
in my last pond. Something like these:

http://www.123ponds.com/pond-accesso...-switches.html
(Just an example, not an endorsement, although I've used these guys
before.)

The switch plugs into the outlet, your pump plugs into the back of the
plug for the switch, and the sensor goes in your pond at whatever shut-
off level you want. These work well if your pump and outlet are near
the pond, say, within 10-15 feet of it.

Dave