Old 02-04-2008, 11:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Close Escape

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:59:49 EDT, Peter Breed
wrote:

Yesterday the hose from my pump to pressurised filter came of putting
about 1/4 of the contents of my pond mainly over next doors garden.
Fortunately I was about and was in time to switch of the pump before all
the water had gone.
I was wondering if anyone had come across a device to cut off the pump
if the water level got too low?
Peter Breed

You can get a mercury float switch from Aquatic Eco-Systems, that's what I
use on all my pumps. Water gets too low, power is shut off.
www.aquaticeco.com ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us