Old 03-04-2008, 01:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default Close Escape

"Peter Breed" wrote in message
Yesterday the hose from my pump to pressurised filter came of putting
about 1/4 of the contents of my pond mainly over next doors garden.
Fortunately I was about and was in time to switch of the pump before all
the water had gone.
I was wondering if anyone had come across a device to cut off the pump if
the water level got too low?
Peter Breed

Two words = HOSE CLAMPS! Also, to save your fish, keep your pump off the
bottom of the pond. This way if something "lets go," there will be enough
water left to keep them alive until you notice. You may lose your pump but
will still have your fish. Those black milk crates you can buy in many
stores work well. Just cut some of the cross pieces so you fish don't get
stuck in them.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.