Old 05-04-2008, 02:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default ID needed please???

Thanks Kathy, that's the trouble I need to learn the terminology & botanical
words & remember them? When I read
the descriptions of the orchids on Jay Pfahls site, I think I'm reading
another language!
I have just printed out a list of 60 Jumelleas & there are quite a few with
the same looking flower.
Research, research, research. Wondering if there is someone I could send my
pics to that may know.
Maybe Hoosiers?
Cheers Wendy
"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
No, the inflorescence isn't developed basally.

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Thanks Ray, sounds & looks like the real McCoy.
Cheers Wendy

"Ray B" wrote in message
Jumellea cyrtoceras, perhaps?

From Jay's site:

Found E Madagascar as a small sized epiphyte with an erect, cylindrical
stem carrying many, leathery, ligulate leaves that blooms on an
axillary, short, single flowered inflorescence enveloped basally by a
few sheaths and obtuse bract.

http://www.orchidspecies.com/jumcyrtoceras.htm

"Wendy7" wrote in message
I previously posted a pic of this plant & it was named Angraecum
sedifolium
& Paul Simon noticed the error.

I agree with him that it looks like a Jumellea. Should be easy to
find.
There are so many flowers that look the

same.

I have attached a page (made in MS Word 2007 & change to '97) some info
&
pics of plant & closeup of flower .

Any guesses or help would me much appreciated.

Cheers Wendy