Old 05-04-2008, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cupra cupra is offline

Default A couple of IDs?

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In message , cupra
writes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/treetop...os/2388191586/

Either too much detail or not enough. We can't see the overall
habitus, which would distinguish Hyacinth, Spanish Bluebell and
English Bluebell, nor can we see the innards of the flowers, which,
combined with, say Stace, allow us to do the same. I'd go for Spanish
Bluebell.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/treetop...n/photostream/

Try forget-me-not (Myosotis) - they're mostly not out round here, but
I saw a few flowering today. There are other boraginaceous plants in
flower at the moment (e.g. Omphaloides), and many of them have similar
blue flowers, but your photo is giving me a Myosotis jizz.

Thanks in anticipation!

The "salad leaf flowers" are probably radish (Raphanus sativus). I
think that the last snowdrop is actually a snowflake (Leucojum). I'd
guess at Helenium for the orange "Knightshayes Flowers".

Brilliant, thanks for browsing through! I have inklings on some of the
plants but I don't have enough general knowledge yet... you've certainly
helped me out!