Old 05-04-2008, 01:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Non-Pond Bargains was Close Escape

Peter Breed wrote:
at boat bilge type float switches, they seem to be more available and
cheaper than anything to do with aquatics.

This sounds like the start of a good thread. Many things that have
"Pond" on them cost $$$$$$$. What are your biggest pond bargains when
bought in another venue?
Chip

I'm hoping Peter shares what kind he buys and where purchased.

Pond bargain for me are the tomato spikes for lilies. I like the small
torpedo shaped ones, others will buy big ones and hit them with a hammer to
break them up. Flying fertilizer doesn't work for me. ;-)

Plant baskets = utility baskets from the dollar store lined with weed
fabric. Not only are they cheaper they have a much nicer lip around the
edge to hold on to. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us