Old 07-04-2008, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Be careful

"shazzbat" wrote
Just in case you need an exhortation to watch what you're about in the
garden, this from the Dorset Echo -

http://www.thisisdorset.net/display....aretake r.php

Having caught a finger in a rotary lawnmower before the blades had stopped I
can vouch for their effectiveness at destroying bits of your body even when
not under power. The Surgeon that tried, and mostly succeeded, to put it all
back together said I wasn't the first and won't be the last. Mowers are a
dangerous tool and should be treated with the utmost respect, don't get
complacent, they will bite.
I always wear steel toecap trainers when mowing the lawn, my friend at RHS
Wisley says all the grass cutters there have the steel showing through on
the toes of their boots. Chainmail gloves would be good too! :-)
Now when I see anyone mowing without proper footwear (I've seen sandals
even!!!) it terrifies me.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden