Old 07-04-2008, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rhiannon Miller Rhiannon Miller is offline

Default Eco-friendly heated propagator?

In article ®óñ©
©²°¹°-°² wrote:
The conservatory runs at about 20 degrees day and 17
degrees at night. In bright sunshine and with a hotter
conservatory they spend the day in an unheated greenhouse.

Ah, so temperature is, as I thought, the problem. If it's a
sunny day the conservatory could get the length of 25º, but
at night it'll go down to maybe 12º depending on the
external temperature. But we don't tend to keep the house
that warm as a whole either: 17º is about the maximum I'd be
comfortable with in my bedroom at night.

Rhiannon

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo