Old 07-04-2008, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Be careful

Bob Hobden says...

Now when I see anyone mowing without proper footwear (I've seen sandals
even!!!) it terrifies me.

Some people seem to get very blasé about safety. Here in
France I commonly see people using chain saws wearing only
a tee shirt and shorts, no face or eye protection, no ear
defenders and lots of bare skin everywhere. I wear a full
face steel mesh mask, ear defenders, boots and a thick coat
over a thick jumper (even in hot weather) and thick leather
gloves. I couldn't buy any chain mail gloves or leggings
here - nobody sells them.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.