Old 07-04-2008, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Eco-friendly heated propagator?

Dave Liquorice writes
On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 18:31:02 +0100, K wrote:

It's a difficult question, isn't it? The amount of electricity they
use is small,

True but to get that amount of power from a photovoltaic panel will
need a rather large one which uses a lot expensive, in energy terms,
silicon.

Why the 'but'? I think we're in agreement ;-)

Because even though the amount of power in general terms is small it is
not when you are trying to source that power from a photovoltaics.

Ah! With you now!
--
Kay