Old 08-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Bashy Bashy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hogg View Post
On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 09:33:52 +0100, Bashy
wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking at buying an edging system for my borders and beds.
I've been looking and there seem to be two front runners, smart edge
and Everedge.

Everedge:
http://www.everedge.co.uk/classic.htm
Smart edge:
http://tinyurl.com/3vklg5

The main difference seems the price.
Has anyone got any advice or experience with either of these products.
Or alternatives.

Cheers

I use what I think is called feather boarding, available eg from B&Q,
and intended for fencing AIUI. It comes in 2m lengths by 10 cm deep
and is treated against rot. Make a slit along the edge of the lawn
with a spade or half-moon edging tool, and then whack in the feather
boarding, narrow edge downwards, until it is level with or just proud
of the lawn, using a rubber mallet or similar. Remove any turf on the
flowerbed side and fill the space with soil. The boards will bend
slightly and cope with shallow curves, but tight curves are best done
with several short lengths. Provides a great edge for strimming
against and getting a tidy lawn edge prior to mowing.

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

Thanks Chris, as long as the price is right, I'll give that a go.

Cheers