Old 08-04-2008, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Eco-friendly heated propagator?

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 08:34:23 +0000 (UTC), Rhiannon Miller wrote:

TBH just get a mains powered heated propagator and if you are worried*
about the green issues turn your microwave off at the plug when not*
actually using it. The power balance will be more or less even.

That assumes that my microwave has an LED display, which it doesn't

Don't think I've ever seen a microwave with an LED display, backlit LCD on
the other hand. B-) Even a purely mechanically switched microwave will
take some power when not in use, due to the leakage through the filter
components. Though this will be less than a watt, not the 10 or more of an
electronic one in "standby".

--
Cheers
Dave.