Old 09-04-2008, 02:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Phil[_5_] Phil[_5_] is offline

Default Washing Mower Deck ?

Hello
I have a Cub Cadet 1527 Mower Tractor with a 42 in. deck , have had the
usual problem with grass sticking to the underside of the deck and the
damage that goes with this problem , I had the deck sand-blasted a year ago
and painted it with a special very tough paint that I got from Summit Racing
, I ran a hose under the deck with the mower running and it really cleaned
the fresh grass off the deck , took the deck off last fall for maint. and it
looks very good , have heard all kind of ways to wash a deck , wonder if
anybody has added a fitting to the deck or buried a right angle hose in the
ground to spray up , getting down on the ground with a water hose isn't the
best .
Thanks
Phil L.