Old 09-04-2008, 11:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Phil[_5_] Phil[_5_] is offline

Default Washing Mower Deck ?

Yes it is possible to do that but I wash every time I use it , by the time
fall comes it's too late and the damage has been done , I spray every time
and then run the mower wide open for a couple of minutes and then park it in
the sun , this works best for me .
Thanks
Phil
"willshak" wrote in message
m...
on 4/9/2008 9:45 AM Phil said the following:
Hello
I have a Cub Cadet 1527 Mower Tractor with a 42 in. deck , have had
the usual problem with grass sticking to the underside of the deck and
the damage that goes with this problem , I had the deck sand-blasted a
year ago and painted it with a special very tough paint that I got from
Summit Racing , I ran a hose under the deck with the mower running and it
really cleaned the fresh grass off the deck , took the deck off last fall
for maint. and it looks very good , have heard all kind of ways to wash a
deck , wonder if anybody has added a fitting to the deck or buried a
right angle hose in the ground to spray up , getting down on the ground
with a water hose isn't the best .
Thanks
Phil L.

Is there any way to jack up, or hoist up the tractor?
I don't have that problem with my tractor, since the deck is pulled off in
the late Fall to attach the snow blower, so the deck gets cleaned and the
blades sharpened..

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY