Old 10-04-2008, 04:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Washing Mower Deck ?

"Phil" wrote in message
Hello
I have a Cub Cadet 1527 Mower Tractor with a 42 in. deck , have had the
usual problem with grass sticking to the underside of the deck and the
damage that goes with this problem , I had the deck sand-blasted a year
ago and painted it with a special very tough paint that I got from Summit
Racing , I ran a hose under the deck with the mower running and it really
cleaned the fresh grass off the deck , took the deck off last fall for
maint. and it looks very good , have heard all kind of ways to wash a deck
, wonder if anybody has added a fitting to the deck or buried a right
angle hose in the ground to spray up , getting down on the ground with a
water hose isn't the best .
Thanks
Phil L.

My Troybilt has an add-on fitting to do what exactly you're talking about.
Has quick disconnect fitting. Another add-on is a hose adapter that fits
that quick disconnect. Don't cost alot. Perhaps could be adapted to yours?

Add-on parts for Troybilts are sometimes available on shelf at Lowes. Or,
mtdonline.com.
--
Dave