Old 11-04-2008, 11:13 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob Bob is offline

Default Washing Mower Deck ?

"Phil" wrote in message
Hello
I have a Cub Cadet 1527 Mower Tractor with a 42 in. deck , have
had the usual problem with grass sticking to the underside of the
deck and the damage that goes with this problem , I had the deck
sand-blasted a year ago and painted it with a special very tough
paint that I got from Summit Racing , I ran a hose under the deck
with the mower running and it really cleaned the fresh grass off
the deck , took the deck off last fall for maint. and it looks
very good , have heard all kind of ways to wash a deck , wonder if
anybody has added a fitting to the deck or buried a right angle
hose in the ground to spray up , getting down on the ground with a
water hose isn't the best .
Thanks
Phil L.

I bought a 50 inch Cub Cadet last year and it has quick disconnect
fitting on it just for that purpose. There is a fitting on the top
of each side of the deck.

So, you might check with Cub Cadet to see if you can order these
parts and install them on your mower. It might be hard to put a
hole in the deck for the fitting, but it could be done.

Bob-tx