Old 13-04-2008, 07:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Dave Gillingham Dave Gillingham is offline

Default Friends on the patio

Very nice indeed, Wendy.
I went looking up the lineage of the Den, and found what I believe to be an
error in Orchid Wiz:

D. Vineyard is given as 1/8 phalaenopsis & tokai, 1/4 discolor, & 1/2
veratrifolium. No argument - it's one of the photos that worries me:

D. veratrifolium is a synonym for D. lineale. Historically, very early in the
piece a terrestrial orchid - Phaius tankervilleae - was also named as D.
veratrifolium until the error in generic classification was identified.

Orchid Wiz's photo illustrating D. veratrifolium is in fact of Phaius
tankervilleae. I believe it would be highly unlikely (read impossible) for this
plant to be hybridised wirh a Dendrobe.

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:15:29 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

C. intermedia x C. Elizabeth Carlson and Den. Vineyard x Den. Cartwheel.
Cheers Wendy

Dave Gillingham