Old 22-02-2003, 03:15 PM
Al

Default David Hunt Orchids?

No, I did not write that rating on OGRES, if that is what you mean. I did
just place an order from his list which I received by email prior to seeing
this article on rgo and the OGRES rating. If the plants are sent on
inspection to be paid by invoice or returned than it seems that there was
nothing to loose. I did request that he send them with some form of
delivery confirmation, (since he mails by Priority). This way both parties
have proof that the box was mailed and the plants received and so any
problems with disappearing boxes and unpaid invoices can be avoided.

One notable thing I discovered as a result of his email list I learned while
I was trying to find out more about the company that sent it. I typed the
area code and phone number into the google search engine and it returned his
name and home mailing address. It also returned several years worth of
WebPages to the Huston area orchid society which include his name, his email
address and phone number as head of a committee. I tried this with my own
name and phone number and was kind of surprised at how many other people's
websites my name shows up

Anyway, my assumption here is that he is importing these plants in a large
group based on a collection of multiple smaller orders like mine. They are
coming from Thailand or there about. Now, I happen to know what recently
imported and then resold mail order orchids look like after they have been
bounced all the way around the world for a few weeks, so I am not likely to
be shocked by their condition upon opening the box. Most likely they will
not be in pots or look anything like they have just come out of a well
tended greenhouse. If they are recently imported plants, they will require
a period of intensive care to bring them back from the edge. I guess that
would be my only warning to whoever started this thread and was
contemplating an order for some of these plants. However, I have no
connection with David Hunt and have never ordered plants from him before.

"Reka" wrote in message
Bit garbled, I would say. Was that one of you two, Al? ;-)
--
Reka
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
"Al" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
And it is a weird rating/response too. Should be fun to see what shows

up.

"Reka" wrote in message
Check the Orchid Growers' Rating/Evaluation System at
http://www.proinnovation.com/ogres/.