Old 14-04-2008, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Clive in Kent Clive in Kent is offline

Default Deterring Foxes - redux...

Hi all!

"Paul Bernard" wrote in message
On the mice front try a quick dunk in either paraffin or white spirit
before
planting - the seeds that is not the mice!!
Never had any problems since and our garden abounds with mice, voles, rats
etc as ajoins river and meadows.

Regards, Paul ( 50 years of trying to deter various pests)

Anyone any ideas for deterring rabbits?? My large garden is surrounded by
fields on 3 sides and ancient woodland on the other. Been here 9 years
without any problems but this year seem to be invaded by feasting rabbits!
Unfortunately out at work all day so dont get the chance to use my air rifle
on them too much and so they are left in peace to fill their bellies with my
young plants!!

Clive in Kent