Old 15-04-2008, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan holmes alan holmes is offline

Default Deterring Foxes - redux...

"Mark Nicholls" wrote in message

In conclusion, at the moment I'm pretty pleased with the Foxwatch, but
will report back if I change that view. I might even invest in a Ca****ch,
if the neighbourhood moggies become too intrusive! Now, if only there was
a Pigeonwatch!...

Pigeons can be detered by using something bright red near the stuff you are
trying to protect, I had trouble last year with the bloody things eating the
sprouts before they wre hardly out of the ground, so I put some bright red
tops from peanut butter jars on the ground near the sprouts, and the pigeons
never came near them again.

Alan

Mark