Old 16-04-2008, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default I need help identifying a weed and getting rid of it

On 16/4/08 11:19, in article
, "Šave" wrote:

I've taken a couple of pics which you can see here;
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3491/weed1ex8.jpg
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2684/weed2qr9.jpg

The flower beds are getting infested with it and I need to find away of
getting rid of it without taking out the lawn (which happened with a heavily
advertised weed killer)

I can dig out some but not all of it as the majority of it grows under
hedges and amongst a couple of hebes.

I'm afraid it's ground elder and it's a most pernicious and persistent
creature! To be honest, while there are organic methods of dealing with it
they take a longish time and in the meantime it's still spreading. While
it's still relatively controllable I would suggest you use weed killer on
it, being careful to spray on a totally still, windless day, avoiding drift
onto the plants you want to keep.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk